Saturday, March 9, 2013

Evan Schmevin

OK. Yes, I've been slacking lately. I'm sorry. Cute things are still happening around here, though. As a matter of fact, every day someone does something cute. Sometimes, two people are cute even. This post focuses on Evan's cuteness.

Last month I made a couple cakes for my sweet friend's birthday. Evan was very happy because cake baking means beater licking. In these pics he's enjoying some of the best frosting ever.

I've decided I need to teach my boys to be helpful in the house. When Lucas was 2 or 3 I didn't really want him to clean the toilet because it's gross. And now guess who thinks is gross to clean the toilet? Yes, Lucas. That's not gonna happen with Evan. He's my toilet helper now! Look how manly he is.
These two love to mess up my bedroom. They thought it was great fun to get under the covers and make a parachute.
Evan likes to be helpful in the shower. He always wants to use the squeegee... even on Lucas's face.

Funny things he's said:
Lucas made a fantastic Rock Rattlesnake diorama last week. He made the clay out of snake and I put it in the oven to dry faster. When I opened the oven door Evan saw it and shrieked.
I explained that it wasn't real, and he said, "oh how cute!" Then a minute later hesitantly asked, "Do I have to eat it?" So cute.


On Thursday we went to see the dioramas on display. I took Evan with me and he was so sad to leave and gave Lucas kiss after kiss. Each time he'd start to walk away he'd cry again and go back for another kiss. So sweet. 

My friend, Helda, and I started the Insanity workout a few weeks ago. Sometimes Evan gets on the floor and does stuff with us. I'm sure he looks so much cuter than either one of us. The other day he was even yelling "Dig Deeper!" at us, just like the guy on the video.

Evan is still crazy for airplanes, trains, and things that go. Last month we got to go to the little Georgetown Airport for a study trip with Lucas's class. Evan was in heaven. He sat with the rest of the kids and listened to the guy, who was a little boring, talk the whole time. Probably because they got to sit under an old B-25 Bomber the whole time. BUT, ever since then Evan has wanted to go to the BIG AIRPORT. And he asks multiple times every day to go to the stinkin' airport. EVERY DAY. Poor kid. 

Evan can be a little grouchy sometimes. His signature catchphrase is, "It's not funny!" whenever he is slightly offended. Whether or not someone is laughing doesn't matter. Also, "Its not crazy!" is another one. You can also tell he spends a lot of time in the car with me. As we drive around he'll say, "Seriously, car? Come on!" and nice stuff like that. We've all got to watch our mouths. Evan is so silly, sweet and funny. We sure are glad to have him.

No comments: